- Elected 3 times to the Oshkosh school board to fight for neighborhood schools
- Past school board president worked to get the new Oaklawn school built in the Oaklawn neighborhood
- Member of the Oakwood charter school development group and steering committee
- Former Chair of Winnebago County Democratic Party
- Progressive columnist for the Oshkosh Northwestern
- 21 years with UWO preparing college students to become teachers
- 5th generation Oshkosh native born on the south side of Oshkosh
- Worked in uncle’s frog farm and father’s nursery business
- Taught science in Fond du Lac, Waupun, and Prairie du Chien
- Wild life artist and supporter of the arts
Blue Jeans Democrats believe in an actual democracy, one producing authentic representation for everyday people and a government working for all of us, in place of today’s corrupt political system. Achieving this aim depends on ending the legal bribery of elected officials.
- Committed to fighting the rapid growth of poverty in Wisconsin through
- $15 minimum wage
- Strong social safety net (Badgercare, SNAP, WIC)
- Committed to a progressive income tax to
- Adequately fund public education without stressing low income property owner
- Make college affordable for ALL Wisconsinites.
- Committed to clean government that works for everyday people by
- restoring collective bargaining rights for all workers
- reforming the “legalized bribery” system of government with a conflict of interest law preventing legislators from voting on bills affecting their political donors
- supporting small businesses and family farmers
- supporting universal health care initiatives
- protecting our natural resources
Please support my campaign with a contribution!
You can contribute online today at this link!